Strong Ties Between Kwong Wai Shiu Hospital and Tan Tock Seng Hospital
On 29 December 2017, management and senior staff of Tan Tock Seng Hospital (TTSH) visited Kwong Wai Shiu Hospital (KWSH) where they were led on a tour of our premises. Dr Ow Chee Chung, KWSH CEO, introduced to our visitors the various thematic day spaces as well as the beautiful historical pavilion situated in our community garden. KWSH’s connections with TTSH began way back in 1910 when we took over the former TTSH hospital site at Serangoon Road after they moved to Balestier. KWSH has been operating at the same site ever since and has maintained strong ties with TTSH over the years through regular visits like this as well as collaborations on various fronts.
The visiting delegation from TTSH consisted of:
- Dr Eugene Fidelis Soh, CEO
- A/Prof Chin Jing Jih, Deputy Chairman, Medical Board
- Dr Ian Leong, Clinical Director, Division for Central Health
- Mr Joe Hau, Director, Planning & Development
- Ms Theresa Lim, Manager, Planning & Development