Rehabilitation Centre Print
Kwong Wai Shiu Hospital began offering day rehabilitation services in 2002 with the setting up of the Rehabilitation Centre. The Rehabilitation Centre is supported by a team of healthcare professionals comprising of physiotherapists, occupational therapists and nursing staff.
Our therapists work with patients individually and as a team to help patients achieve their potential in regaining independence & lead fulfilling lives in their communities.
- Our physiotherapists work together with our patients to regain and/ or maintain their mobility through structured exercise programmes. Therapy goals may include improving strength, balance & endurance required for daily functional mobility tasks like walking safely at home and within the community.
- Our occupational therapists aim to improve & enhance the cognitive, psychosocial & physical well-being of our patients through customized programmes including activities of daily living, cognitive and perceptual training. Other services provided include home assessments & prescription of assistive devices.
Our nurses assist in regular health checks, changing of dressing, supervise medication taking and patients’ activities.
Group therapy sessions
Physiotherapy group sessions for fall prevention aim to reduce patient’s fall risk patients’ risk of fall with progressive balance & strengthening exercises.
Occupational therapy group sessions may incorporate therapeutic recreational and cognitive activities aimed to enhance and/ or maintain motor abilities like fine motor skills & cognitive functions like memory.
Daily/regular recreational sessions are conducted to complement patients’ nursing and therapy goals for while enjoying a fulfilling time with us.
Some of these activities include outings, concerts, cultural shows and festive celebrations.
Meals can also be customized to meet the needs of individual patients.
The welfare of both our patients & their caregivers is of utmost importance. We provide tailored training courses for caregivers to equip them with basic skills & knowledge to cope with caring for their loved ones.
Patients with the following conditions are also eligible for our rehabilitation services:
- Stroke rehabilitation
- Mobility Issues
- Unable to care for self
- Early loss of memory
- Problems with social interaction
2-way transportation can be provided within a 5km radius of Kwong Wai Shiu Hospital.
Adults with stabilized medical conditions,
Has referrals from medical doctors,
Undergoing means testing is compulsory.
Patients with the following conditions may consider enrolling in our rehabilitation services:
- Increased fall risk or has a fear of falling
- Mobility issues like difficulties in walking
- Requires assistance to care for self
- Affected cognitive perceptual abilities, e.g. early loss of memory
- May benefit from participation in therapeutic recreational activities
To view the full list of DRC charges, click here.
Mondays to Fridays:8.30am to 5.30pm
Weekends and Public Holidays:Closed
How to register?
For further registration enquiries, you can contact us at:
Rehab Centre (Main Gym):6422 1253
Rehab Centre (Day Care):6422 1240
Rehab Centre Fax:6396 5601